Police Crisis Counselor – Police Advocacy and Support Services (PASS)
Salary: $52,211.39 Annually
Location: Nashville, TN
Job Type: Full-Time Civil Service
Job Number: 19023E
Closing: 8/23/2018 11:59 PM Central
The Police Crisis Counselor shall serve as a counselor for the Police Advocacy Support Services (PASS) Section of the Behavioral Health Services Division of the Metro Nashville Police Department. The Police Crisis Counselor shall be directly accountable to the Police Advocacy Support Services Counseling Supervisor for the proper administration of duties. This position performs the professional duties involved in providing counseling to Police personnel and their families. Performs related duties as required.
*Extensive Criminal Background Checks are performed on all applicants for the Police Department.
• Counseling Law Enforcement Officers and/or their families as needed
• Counseling Civilian Employees and/or their families as needed
• Developing treatment plans with behavioral and situational objectives
• Conducting counseling groups
• Conducting couple/marital counseling
• Conducting follow-up counseling on a weekly or biweekly basis as indicated
• Maintaining confidential records and writing detailed reports
• Referring individuals or families with extreme problems to appropriate agencies
• Instructing Police Trainees and Officers
• Performing administrative duties
• Acting as a liaison between the department and local mental health agencies
• Keeping abreast of current techniques and procedures used in handling crisis situations
• Experience in public speaking
Master's Degree in a field of Behavioral Science, such as Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or a related field from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of clinical counseling experience in a mental health related setting. Valid Driver License. *No Substitution***
Employees in this classification must maintain licensure in a counseling related field at a minimum of the Master's level from the State of Tennessee. Failure to maintain the required licensing or certification may result in termination.
Note: Per Metro Ordinance No. SO94-1078. All employees of the Metropolitan Government shall be residents of the State of Tennessee or become residents of the state within six (6) months of employment as a prerequisite to employment with the Metropolitan Government.
Metro offers a generous core benefit package to eligible employees who are regularly and consistently working 20 or more hours per week. Insurance and benefit coverage is effective the first of the month after the employee has worked 30 days. Employees can change their benefits within 60 days of an eligible change in status or during Annual Enrollment. Metro also offers optional benefits from which the employee may choose. Family members, including eligible spouses, domestic partners and children, are covered under most of our benefits programs.
Medical: Choice of two plans; Metro pays 75% of premium
Dental: Choice of two plans; Metro pays for single coverage
Basic Life: $50,000 basic term life coverage; Metro pays 100% of premium
Pension: Formula-driven pension; 100% Metro funded; 10 year vesting for new employees
Paid Family Leave: Runs concurrently with time designated as FMLA leave (up to 30 days)
Longevity: Annual bonus beginning after 5 years of service; increases annually up to 20 years
Work Life/ Employee Assistance Program: Wide variety of counseling, referral and consultation services provided free
Other: In-line-of-duty injury benefits, AD&D insurance, and Medical Disability eligibility after 10 years with Metro
Paid leave: (Full-time employees)
• Vacation: 20 vacation days a year
• Holidays: 11 holidays per year
• Sick leave: 12 days of sick leave per year
• Personal leave: 3 days per year
• Other leaves: Judicial leave, military leave, bereavement leave
Apply online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nashville