Pauline and Thomas Healthcare, Inc. Offering full-time position - masters degree and license required, including LMFT. Two years experience required.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
- May help individuals deal with addictions and substance abuse; family, parenting, and marital problems; suicide; stress management; problems with self-esteem; and issues associated with aging and mental and emotional health
- Utilize evidence based therapeutic framework, counsel consumers and patients, individually and group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life and making changes.
- Guide consumers in the development of skills and strategies for dealing with their problems using evidence based modalities.
- Encourage consumers to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives and help them to develop insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Develop and implement treatment plans based on clinical experience and knowledge.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed in order to comply with changes in consumers status.
- Learn about new developments in their field by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars, establishing and maintaining contact with other social service agencies.
- Counsel family members to assist them in understanding, dealing with and supporting consumers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling programs and consumers progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Refer patients, consumers or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Meet with families, clinic providers, case managers and other interested parties in order to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Maintain confidentiality of records relating to consumers treatment.